Algae look gross to most of us, especially when we accidentally bump into it at the beach. Yet this sea plant contains ingredients that are really beneficial for your skin. For that reasons, the algae wrap is swiftly gaining popularity among women of all ages.
1. How is the algae wrap performed?
The whole procedure lasts for 60 minutes. It starts with the short consultation from the cosmetologist, and then the treatment itself begins. First, the skin is exfoliated to prepare it for the wrap. It helps to boost the blood circulation and remove dead skin cells. This improves the effectiveness of the algae products.
After that the algae mass is applied to your skin and the specialist wraps you in the sheet, warm towels or special blanket so that all the ingredients could soak deep into the skin. During the 15 minutes of waiting, you can relax listening to the pleasant music and forgetting about the problems of your everyday life. When the time is over, you go to the shower and rinse the remains of the product off your skin. The treatment is finished with a special product that soothes the skin.
2. Is there anything that can boost the effect of the procedure?
From the beginning, the aesthetician does everything to make the most of the treatment. But if you have any problem zones (like cellulite), then your cosmetologist will focus on that spot, applying the algae with massaging movements to speed up the circulation in that zone.
3. What should I do to prolong the effect?
It’s better not to drink alcohol at least 24 hours before and after the procedures. Instead, you should drink plenty of water – this will help to avoid headaches and remove toxins from the body. It’s also better not to take a shower after the procedure. As far as you already take the shower when you rinse off the seaweed, the second one will only dry out your skin from all the beneficial elements.
4. Who should try the algae wrap?
In fact, anyone who wants to improve the condition of their skin can experience the sea magic of the algae wrap. The treatment will be especially useful for those who are on a weight loss program or people with dry and dull skin. If you want to detoxify your skin, improve metabolism and release excess fluid retention, algae wrap is a perfect choice for you.
5. Are there any precautions for the treatment?
There are no strict contraindications for choosing this procedure. Yet, it is not recommended for people with any serious illnesses, heart conditions, high blood pressure and to pregnant women.
6. What are the benefits of the procedure?
The algae wrap makes your body perfect in four steps:
- Step 1: detoxifying. As you are wrapped in the warm towels, your body sweats during the treatment. This helps to eliminate all impurities from the skin. Toxins are rinsed off in the shower you take after the wrap;
- Step 2: skin exfoliation and moisturizing. Dead skin cells prevent your skin from absorbing moisture. The exfoliation before the procedure deals with that problem. Besides, the remains of dead cells will be loosened during the wrap itself. The nourishing components in the algae will imbue and moisture your skin with vitamins, proteins, minerals, lipids and other useful components;
- Step 3: skin regeneration. With time our skin loses its elasticity. This leads to appearing of stretch marks and wrinkles. Increased blood circulation helps your skin to regenerate and produce more collagen naturally, which brings back the young look;
- Step 4: improving body contour. As algae help to restore the skin elasticity,your skin tightens. So if any of your contours were smudged because of saggy skin, you will leave this problem in the past.
Will you now agree now that algae aren’t so gross?